Homemade popsicles are such a great way to indulge in a summer treat while being thoughtful about what your kiddos (or you!) are slurping down. Hot weather always has me craving something cold and fresh – so instead of just making homemade ice cream (we love that too!) – popsicles are such a perfect way to cool down with something sweet.
I really only like to use Silicone Popsicle Molds since I don’t like freezing plastic with food. For large pops, I’d recommend this set with reusable sticks or this set of 6 silicone popsicle molds. For smaller popsicles, we have this small silicone mold – which works perfect for just a little something!
I use our bullet blender (incredibly easy/convenient/small enough to store) to make the purees with the ingredients from the recipes below. Any blender that purees will do!
As for making your pops? Super easy!
I like to use yummy fruit choices (mango, blueberries, strawberries, etc.).since they are naturally sweet. Using lemon or lime for a bit of acidity can help reduce the icy texture or adding yogurt (protein!) can help give your pop some delicious creaminess. A combination of pureed fresh fruit and a little bit of juice mixed works to infuse a variety of flavors.
When it comes to juice – think orange, lemon, guava, grape or apple (they even tend to melt at a slower rate!). Want to add texture or visual fun? Try throwing in some small chopped or thinly sliced fruit like watermelon, strawberry, pineapple or kiwi!
Super Easy Popsicle Recipes
- Blackberries, Fresh Lemon, water (optional: a touch of mint leaves!)
- Mint, Watermelon, water (optional: a touch of fresh lime juice)
- Fresh Mango, water, Splash of Apple Juice
- Spinach, Banana, Blueberries, water (such a great way to hide spinach!!!)
- Peach, Strawberry, Yogurt, water
- Crushed pineapple, coconut milk, chia seeds, honey or agave, water
- Coconut milk, mango, water
- Kiwi, Strawberry, water (optional: yogurt)
- Kiwi, Fresh Lime, Agave or Honey, Water
- Orange Juice, Chopped orange, Raspberries, Water
- Raspberries, yogurt, water
- Raspberries, mint, splash of lemon, water
- Banana, blueberry, apple juice, water